Tuesday 4 August 2009

The Ken Anderson Interview from The Pro Wrestling Report on 540 ESPN Radio

This is from Dameon Nelson of The Pro Wrestling Report: Below are some of the highlights from the very candid and revealing interview with Ken Anderson from the Pro Wrestling Report on 540 ESPN Radio. The 90 minute interview can be found in it's entirety at www.pwrshow.com. Here are some of the highlights of our exclusive interview with Ken Anderson from the August 3rd edition of the Pro Wrestling Report on ESPN Radio. Regarding the circumstances of Anderson's release from WWE - "To be quite honest with you, I really don't quite understand all the stuff that led up to it. It was a bunch of different things. I had some detractors in WWE obviously. I made some mistakes along the way and I will take full responsibility for those mistakes. The line I was given was that they were not happy with the things that happened that Monday Night and they decided not to go with the Ken Kennedy Character anymore." "You get the people who say, he's just pointing fingers...I worked my ass off for the company. I did everything on my end for the company besides opening my mouth when I should not have." "To be honest with you I kinda had a weird vibe all day. Randy Orton and I had become very good friends...we rode together, we were tight, we were buds...when I got to the building I ran up behind him and gave him a big bear hug from behind and he treated me like I was just an acquaintance of his. And then the fact that he made such a big stink about supposedly dropping him on his head. He literally blew up in front of all the talent including Vince and Stephanie and began to lecture me about how I had to be careful and his health was very important. It just doesn't make sense to me." "It got to the point where everything I did was wrong" Regarding the allegations of a botched suplex on Randy Orton leading to his release - "Randy jumped really, really hard. In wrestling it's give and take....It was a matter of either I drop him on his head or I help him through this. His neck never even touched the mat which makes me wonder why he even went to the trainers room to get his neck taped up. He was so injured that he went on to wrestle three nights in Mexico." Regarding the WWE environment and planning - "Your never told anything. It kinda sucked being the talent being in the dark all the time. When certain guys get injured they make a big deal about their return. When I came back I had a match with Scotty Too Hotty, not much of a splash." "There are two mountains in the WWE, the mountain that the Undertaker stands on and the mountain the other guy stands on...and it's not just HHH...You can't compete with Sunday Brunch" "You hear all the horror stories about how WCW died...that's the way it is now in WWE. Sometimes shows continue to be written after the show has started" Regarding lack of consistent enforcement of the WWE Wellness Policy - "I can neither confirm or deny. All I know is I was tested regularly...it was random...I was the one that was always on the list. I was tested probably 10 times in a year." Regarding WWE's view of TNA - "I don't think that WWE views TNA as a threat at this point. I do think that TNA is very close to breaking through that glass ceiling. There is always room for change. They are about one or two stars away from being a major competitor." On whether or not he will go to TNA - "I have absolutely no idea at this point...there's been some talks...it's just pleasantries at this point. Yes, I would go to TNA...TNA gives guys opportunities...I want an opportunity to show that I can entertain. I want an opportunity to work in that environment" Anderson made it a point to say the following - "The stuff that I have said so far is not just coming from me...there are a lot of guys in the locker room that are just frustrated" There is much more to the interview which went over 90 minutes including comments on The Undertaker, Bob Holly, Shawn Daivari, Paul Heyman and much more! You can listen to the full interview at www.pwrshow.com! The interview is also available on iTunes and YouTube.

No comments:

Disclaimer:
The Dirt Sheet HD is not linked in anyway to WWE, Mike "The Miz" Mizanin or John Hennigan. All World Wrestling Entertainment programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
free counters