Saturday, 24 April 2010
John Cena (c) vs Batista
Jack Swagger (c) vs Randy Orton
Chris Jericho vs Edge
Triple H vs Sheamus
CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio
Michelle McCool (c) vs Beth Phoenix
JTG vs Shad Gaspard
Monday, 19 April 2010
With the volcanic eruption in Europe stranding the majority of the Raw roster, WWE’s flagship show is going blue. Even as the cast of the film MacGruber takes the reins as special guest hosts for the potentially cataclysmic show in East Rutherford, N.J., Triple H prepares to share the ring with several top SmackDown Superstars.
Although Raw is trapped in Belfast, Ireland, the SmackDown Superstars were able to arrive in Newark by charter early this morning, after traveling through the night by bus to get to a place where they could take off.
Can the cast of MacGruber control the molten-hot situation that could erupt on Raw? Find out tonight at 9/ 8 CT only on USA Network.
For the first time since the fallout of Wrestlemania weeks ago, The Phenom makes a live appearance tonight on Monday Night Raw. How will the Undertaker and his fellow SmackDown Superstars have their impact felt, live on the USA Network.
Sunday, 18 April 2010
"wow just one freaking word, WOW… Traveling is sometime easy and sometime hard, but this tour was unbeleivable, its one after an other….and its not done yet, im still in Ireland…not back to New York til a few hours maybe a few days…well the tour was going good, then a volcano in iceland erupted, gosh …… leaving france after the show 3 days ago we had a 3 hrs bus ride, then a ferry for 2 hrs, then a 8 hrs bus ride, then we stop for an hour to relax our legs and stretch, then a 3 hrs bus ride to a ferry for 2 hrs then a 2 hrs bus ride then to the arena for the show…..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not to mentionned that before the show in france that day we did a 6 hrs bus ride …haha then after the show we left and again the same deal, unbeleivable….. my butt was hurting, my back was ohhhhhh, and i had to go pee every 15 mins, ughhh haha, well i went over all the songs in my Itouch probably 25 times, ( i have a lot of songs in my itouch ) lol i never dreamt of sleeping in a bed so bad, today in spa time in ireland, its gonna be great, trying to get myself mentaly ready for whats next, hopefully they will clear the air space soon and we can get a direct flight to New York…..
"in total limbo right now waiting for the air space to be cleared. On the bright side, there are worse places than Belfast to be stranded in."
John Morrison on his Experiences on the way home:
"while looking for terminal 1 at Madrid Airport: "I think we just went in a circle." " I think we made a wrong turn in Chicago 2 weeks ago.""
Matt Hardy on his:
"Although I feel bad that the WWE had to postpone the Turkey & Austria events for those fans.. Hate we had to miss those shows to get home. Here's the deal-Wake up at 6 am Fri morn, prep, travel, & catch a train at 11 am (5 hrs) Uncomfortable train ride from Hannover, Germany to Zurich, Switzerland that took 7 hrs (12 hrs) Go directly to venue & perform which was 5 hrs (17) Get on a bus for 6 hrs (23) Break, eat, & get the ONLY bus that would take us to Madrid, Spain (24 hrs) spent 18 torturous hours on that bus (42 hrs) to barely make our flight to the States which took almost 10 hrs (52 hrs) Clear customs, get to hotel and a bed took about 2 hrs (54 hrs total) Top that travel story guys!"
Smackdown Crew Back in the States, Raw Crew Are Stuck, And it isn't going to get better any time soon
Matt Hardy Tweeted:
"Just landed in Newark, NJ after traveling & working for almost 54 HOURS STRAIGHT!! I have NEVER experienced anything close to this! USA USA! Went through a helluva journey with the BLUE Team traveling/working without a bed for well over 2 straight days-so excited 2 shower & sleep!"
"Just landed in Newark. 47 hrs without a bed but at least we've escaped from under ashened skies..."
Women's Champion Michelle McCool:
"Holy smokes....we made it back to USA! Consensus calculates 56 hours!!!!! This was unbelievable! Cramped shuttle, overheated bus, etc..Some great one liners on our bus ride tho!:)"
"Thank u to my fellow SmackDown superstars divas and all crew members. We are home safe and I'm very grateful. Sending best wishes and safe travels to the Raw crew. This natural disaster has brought out the strength in the entire WWE company."
And even though he was in the States all the time, Jim Ross weighted in:
"Smackdown crew arrived in nyc @ 1 am Sunday morning. 47 hrs w/o a bed. Now THAT'S a european vacation sans Chevy Chase & Cousin Eddie."
Kofi Kingston, who is on the Raw Tour, didn't really give anything of his situation away this morning:
"sooo...this volcano business is the real deal, eh?"
And just before leaving Europe yesterday night, Mickie James Tweeted this:
"Just got to the airport here in madrid. Phones been dead for hours now... Wow? U don't realize how dependent u r to it until u don't have it... But then again... It was quite peaceful... Time with my thoughts... Reflection is always a good thing... Sometimes u just gotta roll with the punches... "What did u say to the kid Rock? Its not how hard u hit... Its how hard u get hit... And get back up"
Obviously some other Divas have taken their situation bit more lightly, here's the new Divas Champion Eve Torres:
"Thank you for all of your concern for our travels. We don't know how or when were getting back to the states, but I do know one thing... If I'm stuck in Belfast, I'm having a shopping and spa day! The only things to make a girl missing home feel better."
And the former Divas Champion Maryse:
"If we don't make it on time for raw monday we will miss Ryan Phillipe, OMG, cruel intention! I'm freakin out!...... What's the BEST spa in Belfast??????"
"Finally back in the USA! I would kiss the ground, if my mouth wasnt so busy already... ;)"
"Planes, trains, and the worst bus ride ever (23 hours!) our bus could only go 15 mph up hills! Finally back in the USA! Never thought I'd be so glad to be in New Jersey! http://twitpic.com/1gi2xe"
Some airlines made policy earlier in the week that they would not fly at all until Monday, which seems in hindsight to have been a good desicision as the days go on and as no one is going anywhere fast. People are being told that flights are likely to be cancelled well into next week.
There has been talk that the Smackdown Crew could cover most of the show on Monday and if needed include recorded segments from superstars that are stuck in Europe, because that would not be any problem to work out.
This is just an idea from me, why don't they try and put together a taping here in the UK, my good if they wanted a crowd, have tickets for £5 or something. The O2 Arenas in London and Dublin are not possibilities. The MEN Arena in Manchester, the site for this year's November UK Tapings is free, but not really, they are going from hosting the European Badminton Championships on Sunday to Torvill and Dean's Ice Skating on Thursday. The Sheffield Arena, where WWE had their last set of Tapings in November including Ricky Hatton guest hosting Raw, is free until the 1st May and to get there from Belfast is easy. Like I said, the amount of people attending wouldn't be slack by any means. They could even have half and half, so live goings on with Monday Night Smackdown and then the Raw guys in taped Matches and Bits back in Europe. Anyway that's just my idea.
Anyway, here is your Ash Cloud Forcast for Sunday, with the little red dot showing the current location of the Raw Crew, Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Saturday, 17 April 2010
John Cena (c) vs Batista
Jack Swagger (c) vs Randy Orton
Chris Jericho vs Edge
Triple H vs Sheamus
CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio
This Photo below, via BBC News Website, shows the area that the ash cloud is estimated to cover at certain times. It looks like that by Sunday Morning and the time that the WWE will want to fly out by, Belfast (red dot) will again be covered by thee ash cloud, not good news for them and the millions others (including my Dad) who can get anywhere in, out or aaround most of Europe.
- The MNR Crowd boos anyone that has a faint interest in Friday Night Smackdown
- David Hasselhoff has multiple personality disorder
- Eve Torres=Zero Reaction
- The Hoff/King/Cole are all perverts
- With a moonsalt like that you could mistake Eve for Kurt Angle
- I hate Eve Torres' Music
- KFC's Double Down "So meaty theres no space for the bun" another way for wrestlers to die young
- Big Show was on his period before WrestleMania
- "I can't believe a man so large has such a small ego" - Thats what she said
- Bret Hart is hanging round Raw like a bad smell
- "Give me a break" - OK
- 90s Icon line was gold
- The British Bulldog was one of the 16,107 in attendance, Oh sorry forgot
- The bulldog was in the building and thats y the baby bull set a challenge
- I'm rooting for Tyson Kidd to get some charaisma
- Shades of the BB yeah but smith can actually hold miz up there with human stength and not the pills
- Michael Cole is shite and too easily excitable
- That should be big shows new finisher the kidney punch only available in HD
- Otunga is Batistas bitch and copys everyline he says
- Apparently the o2 arena is not far from THE heathrow airport (erm no)
- OMG Carilto has a match on TV that isnt on Superstars
- Carlito is Chavo mark 2
- Randy orton vs jack swagger at Extreme Rules for the WHC, the only reason being that he pinned him in a tag match then beat him last week you know totally opposite to chris jericho/edge #1 contender match
- The SSP in HD is sick
- OMG google liked WM
- Gotta love the most mixed reaction cena will get all year in the UK
- David otunga has to get rid of those jeans
- Batsita IS still waiting for that coffee
- Jerry the king doesnt know the rules of a LMS match
- WTF is batista wearin
- What a waste of clothing that could have made a nice replacement to cenas orange
- Ah there u go we get a sponsored look back at the discret racism
- "Sheamus needs a tan" yeah thats never gonna happen
- Remember kids theres big ben
- HHH fears Sheamus and his missed "t"s "Street Fighhhe"
- I like the "fallen empire" line
- We've got pyro for kofi, we need him to get out there and have a match/beat down
- Are you a part of the boom squad? No fuck off, is that like the clique - kofi, evan bourne, mvp, mark henry
- Sheamus thinks that everyones neame is fella
- Remember everyone sheamus never lost the WWE champ it was stollen from him inside the elimination chamber
- The crowd is calling for HHH, yeah but hes still in the USA
- Everybody Hates Kofi
- The Irish Psycho
- Here comes Carlito and OMG a cameo apperance from Vladmir Kozlov
- He wants to get drafted to SD or he'll quit Is that a threat Carlito
- Ah fresh after getting put to sleep by dolph on Friday Night Smackdown it's Josh Matthews having a little chat with the Viper Randy Orton, God I remember the chats they used to have last year, "You wanna ask me a question, Sit down Josh", that was freaky stuff.
- Randy has been waiting for a longtime to fight batista erm selective memory
- This is the closest thing ur gonna get to slow-mo porn
- Haha Santino fresh off his wrestlemania slimjim ad
- Rosa Mendes is really blonde
- Look @ Hoff the perv
- Haha whilste but that is selling to the max take note hunter
- All that did was make me sick of the baywatch theme
- Viper vs Animal next
- Here comes the generic euro tour promo & OMG is that what evan bourne sounds like shiz
- Randy orton forgot his wings in his original RKO pose
- WWE have got rid of the taxi and posst box so now the only thing thing bout UK ppl in USA now know bout us is a mini and as doubledecker bus, wait a mini, havent WWE seen the Italian job
- WTF selective memory they are saying that batista was the whole reason randy was kicked out of evolution, not to mention HHH
- Vintage randy or... oh shut up
- "Good match tonight randy, got a load of clothesllines in"
- Oooops Michael Cole, did you just say "Live in front of over 16 thousand at the o2 arena in london", u were doing so well all night
- Jackie Swagger
- And gutwrench pwrbmb what so jack swagger missed main eventing a house show at the same time for his minute on the screen. sorry im wrong he did a promo and opening match against kane at a house show in nottingham also on monday
- No, its mine! My Batista! My Scrotum Head! now ill count to 10
- I think the Recap from last week made Slater look weak against Kane, he had a better performance
- Don't forget there are only 4 weeks before the first elimination
- Did Michael Cole just call Josh Matthews, Jack
- FYI, the UK NXT airs at 11pm on a Thursday so not many people see it
- Therefore David Otunga with Monday Night Experience gets one of the biggest responces
- "RUN NXT" I like that T-Shirt
- Michael Traver IS the pressure
- "A-List" is an official WWE Copyright
- Raw wasn't "LIVE" Matt Striker
- Justin Gabriel has been helped a lot by being with Matt Hardy, that was a good mix
- Gabriel vs Cena @ Wrestlemania 29 ?
- "Not just an American Audience" really, well done Matt
- STOP saying "Tonight", "Tonight", "Tonight"
- It's a good prize to create their entrance theme, but actually I think it helps them coming out to their Pro's music
- 10 Minutes before the Competition even started, wasting time.
- Daniel Bryan SUCKS!
- Love Cole's Comments, "Mr. Charisma"
- I can't spell Blazaie
- Wade, that was good.
- Haha, Justin, "Roses are Red, Voilets are Blue and I'm the Best in the World at what I do"
- The English Crowd can't connect to a Rose, WTF? It's not the 1500s
- Love the Booooooos from the UK Crowd, No one knows what those varities are
- David Otunga doesn't get sleep, Miss Hudson is lonley tonight. And put Josh Matthews.
- First time we've actually heard Skip Speaking but that's alright that he got some time on the mic.
- "Who Are Ya!" - No one apparently
- Toothpaste, shut your mouth Darren Young, "that's PG right"
- Tarver is Angry and no one knows who he is?
- Haha, not so liked are you Heath & Danielson
- Bubblegum, Shot, don't say Brands no one knows what those are and most of Skips talk-off was shots of Wade Barrett
- "Wind" haha farts, oh "The Winds of Change", NICE. Pandering to the Crowd what a dude.
- My Days that segment was 21 Minutes, thats longer or as long as some Family Guy Episodes (you know minius Ads)
- Wait so they have 3 matches to fit in less than half an hour, so they ad in a rather Pointless Raw Rebound (I would think that all those who watch NXT watch Raw) great timing their WWE
- I respect Jack Swagger, he did a match with Kane in Nottingham then drove 2 and half hours to make the last minutes of the Raw Taping in London.
- Oh there's Dizzee Rascal!
- (8) My Time to Shine (8)
- I'm looking forward to Extreme Rules
- I HATE recaps
- I LOVE CM Punk, nice backstage segment.
- "Nothing but a Punk"
- So it's Christian versus Wade Barrett, this should be good
- Chris Jericho talking to the Cole/Matthews, love it.
- "Stay Down, Christian, Stay Down!"
- I think that Michael Cole & Josh Matthews NXT Commentary is like a guilty pleasure, because it's a rare thing in WWE
- Everyone is after Josh Matthews, Michael "Who are ya" Tarver & Dolph Ziggler
- Heath Slater gets a sly look from Christian, nice.
- David Otunga was on Access Hollywood &&& What!? After that there is less than 10 minutes for two matches
- Daniel Bryan is the Susan Boyle of the WWE, Priceless.
- Miz is a Psycho, love it.
- Cole is eating it up.
- Michael Cole Soapbox.
- Love the fact that Michael Cole is the Joey Styles of the Original ECW. I still love Cole-Matthews Banter and the fact that Cole has an view on NXT makes it all better.
- Regal-Bryan should have been a 20 minute Main Event not 2 minute thing, Bryan is now 0-8, well he's had a match every week, the other NXT Rookies cannot say that, still he got his mouth f**ked up.
- No Responce to Luke Gallow's Music, it sounds freaky.
- I can't believe this is the Main Event, and the fact it has literally seconds to go.
- That's different, red crosses on Punk's hands couldn't he find any back marker pen in Europe. And yes that is more interesting than this match. And also that random cut-out to Hardy/Gabriel, about 5 seconds before Young won.
- That a rubbish way to finish the show, it did nothing, I'm sorry nothing.
- Todd Grisham welcomes to us to Superstars where it's a Raw Mid-Card Main Event MVP-DiBiase
- Here comes Hardy, apparently this entrance had to be re-recorded.
- Carlito, Mr. WWE Superstars, remember he is going to quit soon.
- Irony, Matt Striker said that WWE Superstars (Smackdown) would be visiting Istanbull, but as I write this, that event has been Cancelled thanks to the ash out of Iceland.
- Michael Tarver is just watching the show
- Carlito is a good talent, he just needs a push he would be good in the IC Title hunt on Smackdown.
- Todd & Matt Striker get on.
- They don't talk about Carlito becoming US Champion on his first night much.
- I think Michael Tarver must be on some sort of drugs, he's too hyper or is it just Coca Cola.
- Nice take down of Tarver by Justin.
- It only takes 3 Seconds in the WWE. Yeah and sometimes that's all they get but Superstars is one thing better for the mid-carders
- I haven't watched Superstars in a bit and no I don't want to ask a Diva.
- Oh My God, please shut up, King.
- Christian is still being shat on, he might have been in two matches this week but none of those on Raw.
- Woah! It's Chavo, I really can't remember this last time I saw Chavo on TV.
- Michael Cole doesn't listen to Jerry Lawler. Well I won't with this mundane level of commentary.
- In some ways, Superstars is good because it doesn't include a promo segment meaning you can just get 3 good matches in a 40 minute timeslot, with all recaps and the like, thats around 10 minutes per-match, please tell me how that isn't good.
- Watching this you would never know that Chavo is a multi-time Tag Team and Cruiserweight Champion, and a ECW Champion.
- I could fall asleep listening to this commentary and not in the good way.
- "That missle dropkick worked" What great insight there Jerry.
- Nice, "Eddie" Chant but Chavo seems to never be allowed to actually do the Three Amigos.
- Woah Gory Bomb!chavo is that Chavos Finisher, I really can't remember the last time he did that.
- Not bad Match at 6 Minutes long, Cole & King did nothing for me, I could just stop this right now as it's a Raw Main Event
- oh my days is that a NXT Recap, I swear this is different I remember once they had a Smackdown Recound once, two years ago?
- The Recap was actually quite good, nice editing, but they cut out most of the crowd reaction
- Please god give me strength, a Raw Rebound and Extreme Rules Promotion.
- (8) It's a New day (8)
- Here comes "The Fortunate Son" The Million Dollar Champion Ted DiBiase and recap of Ted getting retubution on Christian 10 Days ago
- Oh the WWE Universe doesn't know what they aren't talking about, Ted eh?
- Dodge car in the UK, what?
- Ted bought a Porsurce when he was 18. I mean what a twat, right?
- And here comes the sterotypical poor guy MVP making a non-PG reference to Ted's rear-end.
- Now I want to go to Univeristy, so can everyone please stop talking about Ted's trust fund.
- Well to be honest, I'm pretty sure that MVP and Ted make about the same amount of money in the WWE.
- So Jerry, you gonna make a Police Scanner joke.
- OMG, Cole just made a human reproduction comment.
- Jerry Lawler kinda has a point, but you can't really say anything King, because the King failed to become the Mayor.
- "Anyone that says money can't buy happiness doesn't know where to shop" Like.
- Oh yeah, if you forgot the Draft is coming up soon.
- Wait when MVP was heel he signed "the biggest contract in sports entertainment history" on Smackdown and he was the one bragging about how much money he had. I prefered MVP as heel.
- And Ted hits Dream Street and that's that for Montel.
- I love Drew McIntyre's entrance and that camera angle out to he crowd with him slowly walking to the ring was great
- Come on everybody, Drew just wants to be friends, he knows that no likes him, oh but he doesn't them either, because he's a Scot & The O2 Arena is in England. It's worse William Regal being in Scotland, the Scots hate the English more than Vice Versa.
- R-Truth needs to shut his mouth, I've become sick of it "And That's the Truth"
- Matt Striker & Josh Matthews play golf on Wednesdays
- Dolph Ziggler needs a push, he's a fantastic Psycho
- Did I know that the WWE Universe are Perverts & Jerry Lawler the token Perv
- Layla is Matt Striker's English Muffin
- Striker has a Master Degree
- Layla is Leso for Vickie Guerrero
- Michelle McCool is the new William Regal
- Forgot we had the token Divas/Womens UK Championship Match on Raw
- Layla doesnt know where the Exit is.
- Beth & Mickie have common enemies so that makes them best friends, well done there Todd
- I Still Can't get over how good it makes me feel when CM Punk's Music Hits
- Sign of the Night: "SES Chill out and have a Beer"
- The Miz still had his Blue Peter Badge on, thats breaking Kayfabe, Blue Peter was on Tuesday
- I know that they held Miz back in London to do Promotion on Tuesday but they kinda just randomly put him out there to go on Commentary
- Miz messed up Mysterio's entrance. like.
- I like how NXT Rookie Darren Young is on Smackdown, continuing the Angle
- Nice Work, I like Tyson Kidd & Rey Rey Working Together
- Miz was the heartattack that put HBK in the hospital and Taker pulled the plug, love it
- Miz was entertaning on Commentary but was bit distracting
- Haha, the UK gave Miz the key to the City with the Blue Peter Badge
- Miz needs to Defend his US Title soon i think a guess host needs to inforce the 30 Day Rule, last time was Elimination Chamber
- That 6-Man Tag Would have had more impact if Miz wasn't on commentary
- Miz has felt DH SMith in the ring, Ewwwwwwwww
- I'm starting to like the Baby Bull more, I liked Tyson Kidd before but as I said I gunning for him to gain some points in the chrasima collumn
- Nice 619 round the post
- "The Alley Chicago" T-Shirt Serena had on I thought was quite good
- OMG its the Dudebusters (OMG they are actually going wit that as an official name) and here comes JTG
- There's a little gangster street in workings there from Matt Striker, forgot he was from NYC, you know along with another 10 Million People
- Another "Who Are Ya" Chant to the Dudebusters haha, these two have as much personality as Michael Traver
- OMG JTG let his hair down and looks like Sissy that probably why Shad attacked him, Matt do you want to explain more about ganster hairstyles and infighting
- Josh Matthews is back and speechless alongside Edge.
- Jack, One, Two. Ohhhhh Yeah!
- Here We go with the Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, here is your Champion Jack "Gummpy Boots" Swagger
- Matt Striker should have quoted Jericho's twitter during his entrance, "Roses are Red, Voilets are Blue, and I am the best in the world at what I do"
- Jack "This is Mine" Swagger has Class because he was college educated
- My Days Jack Swagger has massive limbs and you know what they say about long limbs... yeah, nothing, you're tall
- Todd Just said John Morrisons name, reminding me that he injuried-ish depends on who you believe
- Stupid Crowd calling for the Spear, he's on the Second Rope Numb-Nuts
- OMG the distance is there could we see a Spear, please Matt I know they want you to dumb down, but please shut your mouth when you say stuff like that
- The Okalhoman with the Okalhoman Roll, Well Done
- No Matt, Y2J isn't a Mentalist thats a TV Show
- Jack Steals the win, he would be very good for a Ultimate Oppotunist Gimmick
- The Education with give you the WHC, young people
- That Gutwrench on Edge might have been for Randy Orton, I still think their storyline isnt really there
- haha on the Replay when Jack won, Matt Striker jumped out of his chair and pumped that fist
- Chris Jericho could have just ended Edge's Career, I hate blatant over statements like that.
Friday, 16 April 2010
Hmmmm, what Angle to talk about? Katie Vick? Matt Hardy as the ‘black cloud’ around Jeff? No the best Angle in wrestling Kurt Angle!
The match at Mania itself was a different sort of triple threat it wasn’t a match in which all 3 guys hated each other and it wasn’t a match where all three guys hated each other but two guys hate the third guy slightly more and most importantly it was not a triple threat match in which two guys loved each other and just beat the living day lights out of the third. It was a triple threat based around Rey and Randy’s somewhat horrible feud, in which Randy bated Rey to give up his number 1 contenders status by disrespecting Eddie Guerrero’s memory by suggesting that Eddie was in Hell, something that I think most wrestling fans went too far. Although the entire exploitation of Eddie death that continued for a year or so was horrid. But added to that was Kurt Angle the World Champion, who couldn’t care less about Rey and Randy’s issue he only cared about being champ and although he lost the match (Randy was pinned) he put on a show on how to wrestle. He won the match twice (forced Rey and Randy to submit, but the ref was distracted) which furthered added to his dominance as champion. Kurt Angle unfortunately was vary beige for me during his time in WWE because I was less mature then (which still meant I was more mature than half my school, still am) but I could appreciate the talent he had but I do now.
The other match during this time period that really sticks in my mind is in the top ten in my personal favourite matches (an ever changing list that has very few permanent members but this is one of them.) The match was The Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle at No Way Out 2006. The match had a controversial finish and did not have much storyline although not much was needed. I will admit that until now when I revaluated the match and the finish did I realise that actually the way the match finished made both Kurt and Taker look huge. This was because by the match ending in a manner in which it was controversial, it suggested that both Angle and Taker were equal and at the time it was clear that Kurt Angle was the top man with regards to talent in the industry and Taker has been the one of the best men with regards to character and talent combined for years so to suggest that two were equal was a big sign from WWE that at the time I missed, whereas now I realise that if you are looking at someone to be a leader in wrestling you have to look at HBK and Taker if you are looking at someone who is both talented and good with regards to charisma and character. You have to look at Cena or the Rock for someone heavy on charisma and character but lacking in talent and if you are looking on pure wrestling talent alone the Kurt Angle is your yard stick without question.
This article however cannot end on a positive. I was very sad when Kurt left WWE the way he did. Now Kurt is wrestling at TNA, now my opinion on TNA get worse by the day. Mainly due to, crap booking ala Vince Russo (I am not suggesting taking a Jim Cornette approach to Russo but he sucks!) Also unprotected chair shots to the head are inexcusable and I have ranted on the facebook page about it! I could never watch TNA ever! But the reason why this is a sad end is that Kurt Angle Olympic gold medallist is having to wrestle in a ladder match (singular) for a key to a cage whilst he is in a storyline against Mr. Anderson and Kurt want to kill each other so why would they want to unlock the door and run? (By the way, if you don’t understand the last paragraph or what it is trying to explain don’t worry because no one does, probably not even Vince Russo who wrote it) putting his body and his surgically repaired neck on the line for next to nothing. It proves to me that TNA don’t care about their talent with the exception of perhaps Hogan. Also it is a shame that Kurt’s marriage broke down so publically and that he had a public issue with a Knockout that lead to a public incident and there was some talk of a restraining order on Kurt.
Overall Kurt was and still is one of the best in the world of wrestling and I hope that he manages to return to WWE and its Wellness Policy (for TNA fans out there who might not know what that is, it is when a company gives a dam about its talent!) Kurt Angle should be a future WWE Hall of Famer regardless and I hope that he manages to save himself before he becomes another who leaves this world before his time.
Wednesday, 14 April 2010
On Smackdown The Miz served as the host of Smackdown and eventually he went on to host the Diva Search. This meant he was on both RAW and Smackdown and to be honest he might have been the Miz but he was... awful! The WWE did what was best after this, moved him to ECW, the reason for this is because well not many people watched ECW and the Miz could learn his craft without too much criticism. Then Cyber Sunday 2007 came around The Miz beat John Morrison and Big Daddy V in a vote to take on CM Punk for the ECW Championship. I don’t know why the WWE Universe voted for Miz but I know that I voted for him as I thought he would be the easiest for Punk to beat. In this match the Miz showed how much he had developed and this skinny kid with marginal talent had arrived as a rookie superstar in the WWE.
On November 16th 2007 MVP and Matt Hardy were defeated by arguably one of the greatest tag teams in WWE history John Morrison and his new tag team partner The Miz. In February 2008 the Dirt Sheet (man, that name seems familiar) was created, this was the only WWE online show I watched. This show made it clear that although sophomoric and sometime childish The Miz and Morrison had great promo skills and charisma. The Miz remained one of the dominant teams in the WWE with or without the title belts until April 13th on Monday night RAW. During this time the Miz went from being a rookie to a full fledged WWE superstar. On April 13th the annual WWE draft took place. The Miz took on Kofi Kingston in a one on one match. During the matches John Morrison interfered and The Miz lost the match by disqualification. The draft pick was made and The Miz was moved to RAW. The Miz and Morrison had finally split up, they shared an embrace and the John Morrison got a Reality Check. JoMo took one small step to being a face and The Miz took one giant leap to being a heel. The Miz decided from that point on to challenge John Cena to a match (Cena was injured at the time.) The Miz claimed a victory via forfeit. For the next few weeks the Miz went on to be 5-0 against Cena. But The Miz lost to Cena at the Great American Bash and then on RAW to ban The Miz from ‘Summerfest’ sorry Summerslam. The Miz went 5-2 against John Cena. The final stage of The Miz’s evolution was complete when the ‘Calgary Kid’ was unveiled as The Miz with his new trunk and all. As much as the Miz’s old attire was great his new wrestling gear, made him look more professional but also helped him become Awesome. The Miz new trunks and new finishing move ‘Skull Crushing Finale’ issued a challenge for the US title. The Miz failed at 3 PPVs to win the title Night of Champions, Breaking Point and Hell in a Cell. Ben Roethlisberger made Miz and offer the night after Hell in a Cell, win the US title from Kofi or admit that he was awful. The Miz who’s character hinged on him winning a title at this point to keep I credible did just that and became the United States Champion, winning his first singles title in the WWE. The Miz went on to defeated John Morrison on Bragging Rights and Team Miz beat Team Morrison at Survivors Series perhaps suggesting that The Miz was the dominant partner. A claim echoed by Jack Swagger on the 9th April on Smackdown when he claimed Morrison lived in ‘the shadow of the Miz.’ It seems that whilst The Miz is on the rise JoMo’s career seems to have stagnated since the split, but he is on the verge of being a main eventer and has been for years, he just needs a push, but this is a topic which could have an article all by itself. The Miz then defended his title against MVP in a series of excellent matches. During this time The Miz capitalised on the splitting of JeriShow and forming an alliance with The Big Show in a team known as ShoMiz. This team captured the unified tag team championship from DX on February 8th, making the Miz the first person in WWE history to hold 3 titles at the same time (the US title, World Tag Team Championship and the WWE Tag Team Championships.) ShoMiz defended the tag team titles at Wrestlemania XXVI. Now ShoMiz look to be feuding with Bret Hart and the Hart Dynasty. On RAW in the UK on the 12th The Miz defeated David Hart Smith in a match where the stipulation was if D.H. Smith won the Hart Dynasty would receive a title shot at Extreme Rules but if the Miz won Bret Hart would have to declare that ShoMiz was the best tag team in WWE history on RAW the next week.
Despite Daniel Bryan knocking the Miz for not having enough experience to be his pro, I think Bryan is stuck in a bit of a Time Warp (and not the cool Rocky Horror dance!) Whether it is a kayfabe or legit beef I think it is rooted in jealousy. I think Bryan either as a character or his personal opinion I think Bryan is jealous of the fact Miz became a star in the WWE without spending 10 years on the indies like Bryan had to. But the fact that the Miz is a NXT pro suggests that WWE like him because it shows they want him in lots of shows exposed to lots of crowds. Personally I think that Bryan should have been paired with Regal and Otunga should have been paired with Miz. The reason for this is that Regal and Bryan could have been snobby towards the Miz and Otunga and Miz could have been a great heel pairing.
The Sun newspaper described The Miz as ‘the most entertaining act on WWE Raw.’ A statement which if made at his debut or even predicted at the time of his debut would have been laughable. But The Miz truly is a WWE superstar, I would perhaps suggest a future WWE Champion and if he continues on this path at this speed I see no reason why the Miz cannot be a future WWE Hall of Famer, because he is the Miz and he IS AWESOME!
Sunday, 11 April 2010
Saturday, 10 April 2010
Firstly I will point out that this DVD set was bought from www.silvervision.co.uk which is where I get most of my WWE DVDs from because they are often cheaper, are released earlier and the delivery is amazing time wise and price (free.)
Well the best thing about the WWE tagged classics is that for some reason the 'WWF' logo is allowed to be used, I believe it has something to do with the fact they have been previously released but don't quote me on that. This means unlike lots of pre-lawsuit DVDs there is not loads of blurring over the screen, which improves the view quality.
The first thing about both these PPVs is that the commentary is by Paul Heyman and Jim Ross, this is because The King had quit because his wife was released. Jr and Heyman had a kayfabe rivalry and this is reflected in their comments. But it really does set the matches up well. Heyman is a heel ECW commentator and part of the Alliance, whereas Ross is WWF/E through and through. This is just adds to the quality of the matches.
Now lets look at the PPVs on the DVD King of the Ring 2001. The King of the Ring tournament matches were good matches but they were nothing compared the two main event matches in my opinion which were the Street Fight and the triple threat main event. The street fight was brutal and included three spots which defy description, I won't tell you what they are but I will say that they are a must see. The rest of the card is good but, I have to say that it was a solid event, worth watching.
The Invasion PPV was an interesting concept and it contained some amazing matches. Awesome and Storm vs. Edge and Christian was an amazing tag team match and set the tone of the card brilliantly. The ref matches was interesting but again well worth watching. The next 5 matches on the card were average but they are merely fillers for the next amazing match. Jeff Hardy vs, RVD for the Hardcore title, again I will not give away details but I will say that the matches was amazing but not your conventional hardcore match. But what it is, is amazing. The Bra and Panties match was as you would expect it to be and although I could go on a offer a long review go into to a technical review I won't. The Main Event was the Inaugural Brawl match, this featured Booker T, DDP, Rhyno and the Dudley Boyz taking on Kurt Angle, Y2J, Austin, Kane and Undertaker. On paper the WWE team looks a lot stronger but in practice the sides are very balanced and the match itself is amazing. This PPV really sets the tone and is a must for any WWE fan.
The Special features on each disk are great, there are interviews with Kurt and Shane about their epic contest. Also there is an interview with RVD about his hardcore match with Jeff Hardy. There are also post match interviews from Invasion which offer good kayfabe insight.
Overall I would say that these DVDs are a must for all WWE fans and wrestling fans in general.I would say that Silvervision's tagged classics are amazing and you will probably see lots of reviews for them one way or another because lots of the DVDs I owe have been released has tagged classic although I own them in other formats.
4/5 stars the reason for this is that the concept of two pay per views for the price of one is great and the matches themselves are good, but the minimal amount special features let it down.
Thursday, 8 April 2010
The first PPV after Wrestlemania as you might well know is Extreme Rules, in place of a long tradition of Backlash. Extreme Rules will take place on Sunday 25th April, 4 weeks after Wrestlemania. Four weeks later on 23rd May is a new PPV, WWE Over the Limit. At this moment in time, there has been no indication what, if any, gimmick this Pay-Per-View has.
Another four weeks later, on June 20th is the second in a line of new PPVs, the stupidly named, Fatal Four Way. That isn't an event name, that is a match type and to be honest I don't think that WWE storylines are deep enough to end up in matches where there are four people, in every main event, let alone every match on the card.
The third in this line of new PPVs is Money in the Bank, which will take place on the 18th of July. God knows how this will work. Well, maybe I'm being too negative here, I think I've learnt, over time, that in most things you just have to trust Vince and the WWE's judgement, they know what they're doing, but, erm.... I'm not sure if it will come off as dandy as they'd like.
Four weeks later, the biggest event of the Summer will yet again return to the STAPLES Centre in LA. Yes SummerSlam, which will take place on the 15th of August. Then Five weeks later we will see the return Night of Champions (or Vengeance), in place of last year's Breaking Point, which I still think of the Unforgiven September PPV slot.
Though this is where WWE mess up their scheduling, we see the return of the somewhat flawed, yet successful Hell in a Cell PPV, but it comes on the 3rd of October, only two weeks after NoC. That just seems stupid to me. And then only 3 weeks following that on October 24th we will see another return, of the now obviously annual, WWE Bragging Rights. I swear that they still use that trophy in Teddy Long's GM Office.
I mean it'll become more obvious to someone closer to the time, but that's just stupid. For anyone that wants to know, I got all the dates from WWE.com PPV Calender which is the most up-to-date thing they have on the website. Also wouldn't you want to have more time before the SummerSlam, to build up the feuds, considering it's meant to be their second biggest PPV. I remember reading an interview with John Cena, I think, where he said that his match with Batista at SS 08 would have been way bigger if they had been given more time to build up to it, more the time scale of the Wrestlemania build-up.
Anyway which way you look at it WWE have messed up, and that's even before slagging them off for the Pay-Per-View concepts themselves. And I'd also like to send the best of luck to Methos who "feel down the stairs" and hurt his ankle, which seems to be ligament damage and 5-6 weeks of no exercise.