Tuesday 12 January 2010

Brian Kendrick: "TV Sucked Because You Saw a Circus, Backstabbers, Power Hungry People, Suck Ups, Weak People"

This from Ryan Clarke at WrestlingINC.com:
In an interview with Canada's Slam.Canoe.ca, former WWE superstar The Brian Kendrick Kendrick speaks out against the "backstabbers, power hungry people, suck ups, weak people" in World Wrestling Entertainment. Kendrick told SLAM! that his time on the RAW brand, his final run with the company, was miserable.
"I am a good wrestler, I did a good job. I also know that certain behavior was encouraged, some actions were frowned upon, and I didn't care. TV sucked because you saw a circus, backstabbers, power hungry people, suck ups, weak people," Kendrick said. "Also lots of really great, nice, funny people. But I felt like a tool sitting in the bleachers waiting in case they need my skills for something."

Kendrick suspects his marijuana use was part of the reason he was underutilized and says WWE Executive Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis acted "cowardly" by firing him over the phone.

"He then tells me ... I wasn't really getting the job done like they expected, at which point I said, "Bulls--- Johnny, I made a 60-year-old man look like he still belongs in the ring; don't give me that.' Johnny had always been very supportive of my work to my face, always. I know that was garbage. He then says, 'Look do you want help getting to Japan or what?' I was insulted. I don't want his help. I told him I don't need his help. I asked for the real reason, "Is it the pot fines?' I had a script for it, I had heated discussions with Dr. Black, I had to refuse a test to get him to call me at one point. He wouldn't admit to that. I wanted honesty, maybe I got it, but I think more likely I am dealing with a coward. He did fire me over the phone after all."

Kendrick even said he was smoking cigarettes during that time and if he had one now, he'd puke.

"The boss, I heard, not from his mouth, hates cigarettes, so I would smoke a half a pack a day at work," he said. "It was also an excuse to get the f--- out of the building for 10 minutes at a stretch."

Kendrick also spoke about his tag team with Paul London, what he's doing now and his future in the wrestling business.

No comments:

Disclaimer:
The Dirt Sheet HD is not linked in anyway to WWE, Mike "The Miz" Mizanin or John Hennigan. All World Wrestling Entertainment programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
free counters