Saturday 5 December 2009

Eddie "Umaga" Fatu Passes Away at the age of 36

It has been confirmed from WWE that former WWE wrestler Eddie Fatu/Umaga has passed away at the age of 36, this was posted on WWE.com:
"WWE would like to express its deepest condolences to Mr. Fatu’s family, friends and fans on his tragic passing. Mr. Fatu was under contract with WWE at various time periods and most recently performed under the name "Umaga." Mr. Fatu's contract was terminated on June 11, 2009."


This from Bill Apter of 1wrestling.com:
"I just received confirmation of the death of Eddie “Umaga” Fatu from his uncle Afa Anoa’i. In his very short email he wrote “We just lost my nephew to a heart attack.”
Our sincerest condolences go out to the family and friends of Eddie Fatu."


Jim Ross said this on his Blog before the news of Fatu's death was confirmed:
"Details are very sketchy regarding the condition of Umaga (Eddie Fatu) who, as I write this is in ICU of a Houston hospital. Some say that Umaga may have had a massive heart attack but that has not been confirmed. He fell asleep and his wife apparently was unable to wake him. From all I read about sleep apnea, I have been diagnosed with it myself, it may be possible that Umaga had an undiagnosed case of sleep apnea which puts huge stress on one's heart because one stops breathing many times for several seconds every hour one sleeps. I stopped breathing over 40 times in one hour when I under went my sleep study. Please keep Umaga in your prayers. He was a very skilled, big man but more importantly he is a father and a husband."

This from James Caldwell of PWTorch:
"Former WWE star Umaga (Eddie Fatu) was removed from life support earlier this afternoon, reports WWE announcer Jim Ross, who says he spoke with a friend of Fatu's family.
Fatu's official death is expected to be announced this evening. He was on life support at a North Houston hospital after his wife found him unresponsive this morning at his home in Spring, Texas.
Fatu reportedly suffered a massive heart attack. We reported originally that Fatu was found bleeding from his mouth and nose when he was found in his home."


At this time are thoughts and prayers are with all the friends and family of Eddie Fatu, this is a shocking turn of events for everyone, Fatu had just returned from the Hulkamania Tour in Australia only days earlier. Here is a Picture of him on that very tour:

This will obviously be a very saddening time for everyone in the Wrestling Community and tributes have been coming in from everyone. Please take a moment to read all of these tributes.
WWE Diva Maryse: "prayers for UMAGA and all his family! he would always make me laugh ! so sad! i cant beleive it, omg!"

WWE Superstar Matt Hardy:"I'm gonna miss "Uce"-Eddie "Umaga" Fatu very, very much. He was one of my true friends & an amazing person. May God be with ya-love ya man. http://twitpic.com/s7wrq - In memory of Uce.. A great night out we had in New Orleans with myself, Adam, Eki, & Shane"

Former WWE Diva Torrie Wilson: "http://twitpic.com/s5vns - Much love my friend. Much love"

Jeff Hardys Girlfriend Beth Britt:"Absolutely devastated & heartbroken. We have lost one of the most loving, caring & amazing people. But most of all, we have lost one of our best friends."


TNA Wrestler & Former WWE Superstar Matt Morgan:"Me and my family's condolences to Eckie(Umaga)'s family. This just plain out SUCKS! Yet another great guy taken from us too early."

Former WWE Announcer Lillian Garcia:"Just heard news about Eddie aka Umaga. So sad. Loved him. Prayers 4 him & family. http://twitpic.com/s7bd8"

TNA Announcer Jeremy Borash:"RIP Eddie Fatu"

WWE Superstar Kofi Kingston:"RIP Umaga"

WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel: "I am saddened by the passing today of Eddie Fatu, a.k.a. Umaga. My sincere condolences to his family and friends."

Former ECW Owner & WWE Announcer and Manger Paul Heyman: "The world is minus one very cool Samoan tonight. We offer our most profound condolences to the Fatu Family."

Former ECW Wrestler, WWE Superstar and Announcer & Current TNA Announcer Taz(z):"Very sad to hear of the passing of a great performer & super person. R.I.P Eddie, see u down the road brother."

WWE Diva Eve Torres:"Sending my thoughts and prayers out to Umaga's friends, family, & all fans & followers of his career. He will be missed."

WWE Superstar Gregory Shane Helms:"Heartbroken. No words.http://twitpic.com/s5mm7 - Adam, Big Uce, Matt & Shane. What a long, sorrowful and emotionally exhausting day. You never know what's around the next corner. Life is...that's it...it just IS."

WWE Dive Michelle McCool:"My heart & prayers go out to Umaga's family & friends....he was obviously loved by many!"

WWE Superstar Chavo Guerrero:"Hey guys need some prayers for Umaga and his family. Thank u"


Former WWE Superstar Shannon Moore:"R.I.P Ecki....Mad love and respect. We will miss you and I will cherish the times we had togeather."


Former WWE Diva Ashley Massaro:"I just heard about Umaga cuz my friend IM'd me, wow...I'm so sad for his family, I remember them so well, so many lil ones...so fucking sad. Theres just nothing you can say about how much it sux when something like this happens, he was so funny and i have a lot of great mems-so sad. life is way too short, enjoy it while its here :o( I'm gonna go spend a lil time thinkin... FInally the fams home! Just pulled up so happy, were gonna have dinner with the kids and everything, I'm going to make it a gd nite in honor of UCE- aka Eddie And I suggest you do the same! :o)"


Indy & Former TNA/NWA Wrestler Phil Shatter:"PRAYERS! go out to Umaga's family. I didnt know Umaga but had the opp. to meet him and hang once! when one is lost we all show respect....this is a family not a job!"


Indy Wrestler Sean McCulley:"http://twitpic.com/s5q3c - Me with one of the greatest human beings I've ever met, Umaga. R.I.P Eddie Umaga Fatu your gonna be so missed brother i cherish the time i got to hang out and joke with you. i really wish all of you could have met big uce he was so fucking funny and so humble and caring and loved performing for everyone its so. terrible we lost him i think the wrestling world is now a little darker without such a shining star like Uce we love you brother."

WWE Divas The Bella Twins:"RIP Ecki, you will be greatly missed, so many good memories, the family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers, peace and love B&N"

Former WWE Diva Victoria/TNA Knockout Tara:"Rest in Peace Umaga We will love you always and we will all miss you."

Former WWE Superstar Gangrel: "Have a good journey ecki see you soon you where a ray of light in dark time one love uce"

Indy Wrestler "Kimo" David Clutter:"http://twitpic.com/s63pp - Me and Uce even thou I knew him less than the core Im glad to call him friend."

WWE Superstar Chris Jericho:"Eddie Fatu was an awesome guy and one of the brothers. I trusted him and that's a rare thing for me. I am devastated. Safe Travels Oos..."


TNA Wrestler Christopher Daniels:"RIP Eddie Fatu. I'm glad I got to know you in the short time you were here"

Former WWE Superstar & Announcer John "Bradshaw" Layfield:"Had a ball teaming with Eddie Fatu (known as Umaga in WWE) in some of my last house show (non TV) matches, I will miss my friend"

WWE Diva Maria Kanellis:"So sad. Eddie was a friend. He loved wrestling and was a great entertainer. My prayers go out to Eddie's beautiful family. A great loss."

WWE Superstar JTG:"RIP MY FRIEND"

Former WWE Superstar Ken Anderson/Mr Kennedy:"I'm very thankful to have had a private closed-door conversation with Ecki prior to our match a few days ago in Sydney. He insisted that we go out and tear the house down. We both had something to prove that night and in my opinion: Mission Accomplished! Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Fatu family. Ecki absolutely adored his wife and was extremely proud of his children. I have so many amazing, funny, and heartwarming (sometimes gut wrenching belly-laughing) memories."

TNA Wrestler Samoa Joe:"See you when I get there big Uso. "Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed," Cor. 15:51"

I just recieved this message from Ben Kerin, the Director of WrestlingRadio.com on the passing of Eddie Fatu:"I am shocked and sadden to learn of the death of Eddie Fatu, a.k.a. Umaga. I had the opportunity to see him at a live WWE event in London, England and he was one of the most agile wrestlers for his size out there. He had an amazing tenure with World Wrestling Entertainment and carved out a memorable gimmick that will not soon be forgotten. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P.

Ben Kerin (Director of Wrestling-Radio.com)"


Here is Fatu with Uncle Afa Anoa’i. RIP Eddie Fatu, another one gone too young.

No comments:

Disclaimer:
The Dirt Sheet HD is not linked in anyway to WWE, Mike "The Miz" Mizanin or John Hennigan. All World Wrestling Entertainment programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
free counters