Wednesday 23 December 2009

Sheamus Answers Questions on his Relationships within WWE

The Daily Star has a new interview up with WWE Champion Sheamus and here are the highlights from the article:
Sheamus says determination and an unerring self-belief saw him right.

“Here’s the deal – I grew up a red-headed kid and took a lot of abuse. Wrestling was always my dream, and people laughed at me.”


“When I told people what I wanted to do, they laughed. But the lesson that every kid out there should take from me is don’t ever let anyone say you can’t do something.”


“If you want something, if you have a dream, then do whatever it takes, and don’t listen to anyone who tells you can’t do it. I’m from a small country – and I’m WWE Champion.”

In recent times some fans have been right to question the rather tired main event programmes on WWE TV, with the likes of Cena, Orton, Trip, Michaels and Taker seemingly always battling it out for the belts.

Sheamus says it’s not a case of young guys being kept down but merely professional pride.

The veterans want to see the young men want it as much as they once did.

Sheamus says instead of brown-nosing and politicking, a positive and respectful attitude goes a long way.

He adds: “Lots of people complain that the top guys are keeping young wrestlers down.”

“But, you know, in reality the top guys are looking for wrestlers to step up. They want young people to step up to that level – it’s what they’re waiting for. And I’ve worked my arse off.”


“These guys are on top because they are the best. My goal is to be better than all of them. I don’t want to be first Irish champ. I want to be the best ever, the longest reigning champion.”

He revealed that Trip and Regal had been mentoring him.

“Yes, there are a few stories going around about HHH but the deal is that Trip has been fantastic.”


“He’s one of the most successful WWE champions of all time. If you’re going to learn, then learn from the best.”


“He’s been a mentor, but so have a lot of other guys. Arn Anderson and Finlay have been a big help. Regal has been great too – when I first came to ECW, I rode with him and he helped me so much.”

The Irishman is clearly keeping fine company and tells me he plans on walking out of January’s Royal Rumble the champion. Then it will be on to Mania and beyond.

If the fact that he hates Thierry Henry as much as I do isn’t reason enough to like him, the man has taken his chance with both hands.

It’s due reward for his positive attitude on life.

“Since I came here I’ve left my family, my friends, my house – I had to take a chance because it’s the opportunity of a lifetime.”


“I think I work for the best company in the world. Not one day is the same. It’s also the funniest job in the world.”

Royal Rumble airs at 1am on January 31, live and exclusive on Sky Box Office. Go to WWE.com for more details.

No comments:

Disclaimer:
The Dirt Sheet HD is not linked in anyway to WWE, Mike "The Miz" Mizanin or John Hennigan. All World Wrestling Entertainment programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
free counters